Friday, September 3, 2010

I Want a First Day of School!

All I want it a job. I want more than anything to be a full time teacher. I want my own class. I want my own classroom. I want to make lesson plans. I want to have collaboration meetings with my grade level team. It is so frustrating to see many of my classmates getting jobs and I am almost 100% positive that I won't get a job this year. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for my classmates and I want them to have jobs but I just want a job with them!! I read all of their facebook comments about how their first days went and I wish I could join in these conversations. I know that it is very hard to find a job in Spokane and that new teachers in general have a very hard time finding a job, but if my classmates can do it, why can't I? I know I can be a sub, and that will be fine, just not my dream. My dream is to have a full time job in Spokane. I'm not even picky about the grade; I will do anything K-6! I know it sounds like I am just whining, and yes, I am but I don't care! I will be a sub and that will be fine, and maybe on top of that I will be a nanny (which I interview for today) but it won't be my dream. And I can't decide if I want this nanny position or not.  The problem is, what if a long term sub position opens up?  I would want it just so that I could have the experience, but I wouldn't be able to take it if I get this job.  Is it worth taking this nanny job??  I just don't know! Ok, I am done whining now.  I will keep you updated on my job situation....mainly, if I get this nanny position or not!

1 comment:

  1. told Jenna today that you were around will continue to spread the word but I am not sure about the 2 new k teachers but will chat with Mrs Savage this week and will let Bev know too! Told Harrison teacher too! We are working for you! Hang in there!

    Gerriann

    ReplyDelete