Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness

It has been a long time since I wrote last, mostly because I don't really have that exciting of a life.  I work during the school week and on weekends I try to spend time with family and friends!  But I decided that it is probably time for an update.
I still love being a sub!  I am hoping that I get a part time long term sub position at one of the elementary schools in the valley.  Please pray about it!!  I thought the position was already taken and then something happened and I was requested for the position and the teacher wants me to do it, and she doesn't even know me!!  It's not a for sure thing yet though, because her partner is worried they will get a bad sub so she wants to take the sub position.  So, pray that she will be willing to give up the power and I will get the position!  I was so ecstatic when I left school that day!
Another thing that is super exciting, Caroline and I are going to be going to the east coast in February!! I cannot wait for this.  We are going to go and visit Michelle since she will be living there at that time.  We are planning on going to New York, Washington DC, and the places in Gilmore Girls!! I still can't believe that we are actually doing this.
The bad news that has happened, as I think most know about, is my car accident.  Coming back from Montana I was in a pretty bad car accident.  It was one of the scariest things in my life.  I was driving down Lookout Pass and I didn't like that my car was speeding up (because of going down hill) so I hit my brakes to slow down.  Of course, there was a sheet of ice right where I hit my brakes.  I lost control of my car.  I starting spinning around in the middle of the freeway, as a semi-truck was coming towards me, hitting the barrier walls on the side of the freeway.  Until finally, I came to a stop in the middle of one of the lanes, facing backwards on the freeway at the bottom of the pass.  Miraculously, I was  not hurt!! God was definitely watching over me.  No one hit me either during all of that time.  My car was in the middle of the freeway for about an hour and there were no emergency vehicles around to help direct traffic.  It caused lots of slow downs in the area.  Especially in the beginning when there was a semi-truck and many other cars pulled over on the side of the road to make sure that I was ok.  There was barely enough room for cars to squeeze between.  As I am standing there, waiting for emergency people to get there, there are winds about 30 mph, and my car thermostat stat said that it was 19 degrees out, I just watched fluids spill out of my car, and thinking how I just completely ruined my new car that I bought only 2 month prior.  I was a wreck!  I was freezing!  I was crying!  I was scared!  I had no idea what to do!  Finally crews showed up, towed my car to a near-by small town and the ambulance took me to the town as well to wait for my family to get there and pick me up.
The night when I got home, I discovered that I had bruising from my seatbelt (not bad!!) and my shoulders, back, neck, legs, and arms hurt!!  It hurt to walk up the stairs. It hurt to lie down. it hurt to stand. It even hurt to hold my phone up to my ear.  Then when I tried to go to sleep, I couldn't.  I just kept seeing the crash over and over in my head.  I saw the semi-truck coming towards me as I spun in the street with being bale to do nothing.  It was awful.    I got about a total of 3 hours of sleep that night.
 Even though this was so scary and I still cannot believe that it happened I cannot believe all of the good things that came out of this.  I came out of there with just some soreness and a little bruise.  That was it!  My car can be fixed!  It may cost my insurance $9000 and me $500, but it can be fixed!  I don't have to figure out how to get the remainder of it paid off and find a new car!!  I don't have a car for 3 weeks but luckily I live with amazing people, I have amazing friends, and an amazing family.  Everyone has helped me out so much.  People are very willing to pick me up to take me places or just hang out, and the Crosby's have been letting me borrow their car so that I can get to and from work!  I think this accident has made me appreciate all that I have!  Especially with it being right before Thanksgiving!  I am so thankful for my family and friends.  I am so lucky that I have so many people that love and care for me.  I am thankful that I have a job.  I am thankful that I get to see kids smile everyday.  I am thankful that I have things like a car......well I did!  I am thankful that in times of trouble I can always count of God.  This is something I need to remember.  God is going to make sure that I have everything I need as long as I trust in him and take time to have a good relationship with him.  He will protect me when I am in danger and he will provide me with the people I need to make it through tough times.  So thank you everyone for being there for me!  I love all of you and appreciate your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment